Tuesday 24 January 2017

New Years Resolutions



2016 was really ... something.

But I learned a lot this year. 2016 opened my eyes to the true depth of the social, political environmental issues that exist and are worsening in our society. I also realised that these problems are not going to solve themselves and ignorance only invites further ignorance. So this year, 2017, is going to be the year I voice out more of my opinions and educate myself further on these issues. I also realised that only you can bring about a real change in your own life so in 2017 I am going to stop complaining and start doing, with these resolutions :

1. Take more pictures to improve my photography skills
2. Be vegetarian either twice/three days a week or for one meal per day
3. Be around genuinely positive and good people
4. Draw more and improve on digital art. Hopefully dipping into animation by the end of the year.
5. Read more. At least 10 books this year. 
6. Blog and vlog more. 
7. Educate myself more on social and political issues.
8. Declutter more and stay organised. (in life and in physical objects)
9. Learn a new language and/or improve on the guitar.
10. Take up sports again. (badminton/swimming/jogging)

I know these are pretty 'out there' but hey I'm gonna be 20 this year and heck no am I gonna waste my 'twenties'.

- V

No comments :

Post a Comment