Friday 5 January 2018

2018 Resolutions


For me, 2017 was a year for growth. 
Minus, you know, actual physical growth.

I made it a priority in 2017 to really push myself to grow intellectually by educating myself and staying updated on the current social and political environment and to actively support causes that I'm passionate about. Going into 2018, I've learned hardship and pain in voicing out my opinions, in digesting horrifying news, in being put down for my beliefs and for fighting what feels like a hopeless fight. But the most important thing I learned is to never give up, to keep talking and to keep going.

Knowing what I do now, I have never felt more confident and sure of myself and I'm excited to continue growing and working on myself in 2018. In this new year, I want to focus on self improvement and tolerance. I want to fall in love with the things that used to make me happy and find new things that do. I want to stay aware of the political, social and environmental atmosphere and continue to contribute towards the causes that I'm passionate about. I want to work hard to achieve my academic and life goals. I want to challenge myself by pushing myself out of my comfort zone, learning new skills and reading though provoking books. This is how : 

1. Draw one thing everyday (keep tabs with my progress here)
2. Be more conscious with my meat consumption by eating one non-meat meal a day
3. Improve and practice my Mandarin
4. Volunteer at least once every two months)
5. Take up a new skill (maybe guitar/digital drawing)
6. Stay aware of the sociopolitical environment
7. Better manage my money
8. Practice better self care
9. Read one book a month 

These are more goals than resolutions. Last year, I nearly achieved everything I had set out for myself but this year I want to push myself even harder to go beyond this list. I'm ready to learn what 2018 has in store for me.



Happy New Year!

No comments :

Post a Comment