Wednesday 22 November 2017

Why You Should Cut Your Hair


You can always tell how dull a person is by the things that excite them. For me it’s, in no specific order : 
1. Getting a package in the mail
2. Falling asleep before 12 and 
3. Getting a hair cut. 
So yeah, not much of a wild side there.

I used to get really agitated whenever I had to go to the hairdresser. This was mostly because my friends and I had this unspoken competition that whoever had the longest hair was decidedly the 'coolest' person in the group. We were 11. After 13 years of having the same hairstyle, I finally decided that it was time for a change. When I was 15 I became so fixated with getting a hair cut to the point where I went to the hairdressers every month and the results were ha ha not good. Obviously. Ever since then, I've tried to change my hairstyle at least once every year just to keep things fresh.

I constantly crave change and I find it really crazy how a simple hair cut makes me feel like such a different person. Also, the trill of getting a haircut is not something to laugh at. Its scary not knowing how you're gonna look after a drastic cut but that's kinda the best part. Its exciting and new and it just goes to prove that you don't need to do something big like move or get a new car (idk) to feel the gratification of a change. Just cut your hair ... but not yourself, please God don't do it yourself.

No comments :

Post a Comment